SCOPE OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Art. 6 para.1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interest). Our legitimate interest consists in maintaining the full functionality of our website, increasing its usability and enabling a more individual approach to customers. We can only identify individual site visitors with the help of cookie technology if the site visitor has previously provided us with corresponding personal data on the basis of a separate consent.
PURPOSE OF DATA PROCESSING
The cookies are set by our website in order to maintain the full functionality of our website and to improve usability. In addition, cookie technology enables us to recognize individual visitors by means of pseudonyms, e.g. an individual, arbitrary ID, so that we are able to offer more individual services.
DURATION OF STORAGE
Our cookies are stored in your browser until they are deleted or, if the cookie is a session cookie, until the session has expired.
POSSIBILITY OF LODGING AN OBJECTION AND OF ERASURE OF DATA
Terms & Conditions
UNFINISHED is both a vibrant community as well as an experience in constant evolution, held together by shared core ethics and behavior guidelines. On the UNFINISHED platform, we ask all members to comply with the terms and conditions below (the “Terms and Conditions”) , so if you decide to embark on the UNFINISHED journey, you agree with the below. These Terms and Conditions may be updated and modified by UNFINISHED without prior notice and the new version will enter into force when published on the Platform (as defined below). If you use the Platform after any such modification or update to the Terms and Conditions you consent to those modifications or updates.
2. CREATION OF ACCOUNT
In order to access the Platform, you must create an account and upload certain data. If you create an account, you are required to provide complete and accurate information. No members may impersonate a different person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity. You may also be asked to choose a username and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your username and password and agree not to disclose such to any third party.
By creating your account, you expressly agree and acknowledge that your name, surname, photo, time zone and favorite manifesto rule, will be visible on the Platform by default to all the other members thereof. As regards the other information you provide when creating the account, you may decide whether to make them visible or not.
If you have created an account and do not wish to access the content on the Platform, you may ask us to manually deactivate your account.
The Platform must be used based on these terms and conditions. If we determine that you are not using the Platform accordingly (including, without limitation, you do not comply with the registration process or requirements of the UNFINISHED Terms and Conditions), we have the right to suspend or deactivate/delete your account at any time.
3. INTERACTION WITH THE PLATFORM AND WITH OTHER USERS
By accepting the Terms and Conditions you agree that you shall comply with the below:
- You will not defame, abuse, harass, harm or threaten other members, make any bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive statements.
- You may not advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit such illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person or entity.
- You may not post or distribute any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law or post or distribute any vulgar, obscene, discourteous, or indecent language or images.
- You may not advertise or sell to or solicit others unreasonably.
- You may not hand out, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose.
PLEASE SEE BELOW THE UNFINISHED CORE ETHICS
- Transparency: your name, surname, photo, time zone and favourite manifesto rule will be visible to all the other members on the Platform at all times.
- Respect: we have a zero-tolerance for any kind of harassment, of any nature, be it oral, physical or psychological, sexual or otherwise.
- Responsibility: compliance with Romanian law is expected from all participants—speakers, attendees, staff & partners alike.
- Humility: general humbleness, as well as the members’ comfort is of utmost importance for us and for the UNFINISHED community. Therefore, no excessive soliciting of business, contact or attention from other members is expected.
Moreover, you agree that you will not use, the Platform to: (i) modify, disassemble, decompile, prepare derivative works of, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to gain access to the source code of the Platform; (ii) knowingly or negligently use the Platform in a way that abuses, interferes with, or disrupts our networks, your accounts, or the Platform.
Without limitation of the foregoing, Eidos may, in its sole and absolute discretion, remove any member from the Platform, without explanation, either before or during the event or at any time during the registration on the Platform, if such member engages in any unlawful, unauthorized, prohibited, improper, or unethical activities, or any other acts or omissions that Eidos deems unworthy of that member’s participation in the UNFINISHED community.
4. YOUR CONTENT
Some components of the Platform are designed to let you upload, submit, store, send, receive, or share text, images, or other materials (the “Content”). You have no obligation to provide any Content and you are free to choose the Content that you want to provide. If you choose to upload or share content, please make sure you have the necessary rights to do so and that the content is lawful.
You agree that you are solely responsible for the Content sent or transmitted by you or displayed or uploaded by you in using the Platform and for compliance with all laws pertaining to the Content, including, but not limited to, Laws requiring you to obtain the consent of a third party to use the Content and to provide appropriate notices of third-party rights. You represent and warrant that you have the right to upload the Content to the Platform and that such use does not violate or infringe on any rights of any third party.
Under no circumstances will Eidos be liable in any way for any (a) Content that is transmitted or viewed while using the Platform, (b) errors or omissions in the Content, or (c) any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to Content. Although we are not responsible for any Content, we may delete any Content, at any time without notice to you, if we become aware that it violates any provision of these Terms and Conditions, or any law.
5. OUR PERMISSION TO USE YOUR CONTENT
Your Content remains yours, which means that you retain any intellectual property rights that you have in your content. However, some Platform functionalities imply the use of your Content. Therefore, by accepting these Terms and Conditions you give us the permission to use your Content through a worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, perpetual, license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute your Content for the limited purpose of providing the services related to the Platform.
· only covers your intellectual property rights and shall not apply to any publicly-available factual information.
· allows us to host, reproduce, distribute, communicate, and use your content.
· allows us to publish your Content if you made it available to others. If you remove your protected Content from our services, we will stop making it available to the public provided that you did not already share your content with other members before removing it (in this case, even though we remove the content from your account, we can’t control how the other user uses/used your Content).
If we reasonably believe that any of your content (1) breaches these terms, (2) violates applicable law, or (3) could harm our users, third parties, or us, then we reserve the right to take down some or all of that Content in accordance with applicable law and suspend or deactivate/delete your account.
You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary rights without obtaining the prior written consent of Eidos/the owner of such proprietary rights. We may deny access to the Platform should we suspect that you have infringed the copyrights of Eidos or of another party.
7. NO WARRANTIES
All content (including but not limited to videos, transcripts etc.) is made available AS IS and Eidos does not offer any warranty of any kind, or represent that such content will be accurate, complete, or error-free. Eidos is not liable for the usage of, implementation of, impact from, or communication of the ideas presented in such content.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall Eidos be liable for any direct or indirect damages that may result from the access of, use or inability to use the Platform, including without limitation, interruptions, errors, defects, mistakes, omissions, deletions of files, delays in operation or transmission, non-delivery of information, disclosure of communications, or any other failure of performance.
9. CONTACT DETAILS
You can raise your questions in relation to the Platform or to address any questions in relation to these terms and conditions by sending an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. SEARCHING VIDEO
EIDOS Foundation having its headquarters at 18 Iresti Str., district 1, Bucharest, registered with the Registry of Foundations and Associations under no. 3113/B/2009, having sole registration code 26748839, (“EIDOS” or the “Controller”), processes your personal data from the images, moving footage and audio you sent to us for the purposes of the “Searching Video” to be presented to the audience during #UNFINISHED22 (from September 29th until October 2nd ) (“UNFINISHED22”), on the UNFINISHED online platform and on the UNFINISHED social media networks. As a matter of principle, we will process your personal only to the extent necessary to achieve the
processing purposes mentioned above. Please note that for such processing purposes, your personal data will be stored for 2 months from the end of UNFINISHED22. However, the “Searching Video” will remain available online.
You have the following rights under the GDPR in respect of your personal information held by us:
(a) to access your personal data.
(b) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
(c) to have your personal data corrected where necessary
(d) to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
(e) to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed.
A. WHO ARE WE?
The platform located on the website https://unfinished.ro (the “Platform”) is owned and operated by EIDOS Foundation (“EIDOS” or “Unfinished Platform”), having its headquarters at 18 Iresti Str., district 1, Bucharest, registered with the Registry of Foundations and Associations under no. 3113/B/2009, having sole registration code 26748839.
EIDOS acts as a data controller of your personal data, as defined below, for the purposes specified below.
Unless otherwise stated below, all terms used with capital letters shall have the same meaning as the terms defined under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (the “GDPR”).
C. HOW, WHEN AND WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA?
We process different types of personal data (“Personal Data”) when you register on the Platform in order to create an account and participate at Unfinished online events, festivals or at any activity organised by us (each, referred to below as an “Unfinished Event”), when you browse, request information or interact with our Platform and/or social media platforms (e.g. Facebook).
The Personal Data we collect and process, on a case by case basis, and depending on the extent and specific details of our interaction, are:
· personal identification details, such as your name, surname, profile picture, time zone, address, date of birth, employment and occupation status, name of the company you work for, educational or professional background, job title and function, hobbies, curiosities, current country and city, as well as other personal information concerning your preferences, relevant for registration purposes into our community;
· contact details, such as your telephone number, e-mail address, social media contact details;
· Platform usage and other technical data, such as details of your visits to our Platform and/or social media platforms (Facebook), such as, the Internet Protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, device type, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· data that you voluntarily give us when you choose to register on the Platform or in various activities on or related to our social media platforms, such as, user ID, your comments and opinions, evaluation of posts and responses to feedback;
· any other personal data relating to you that you willingly provide to us from time to time.
Where we need to collect Personal Data as requested in order to create an account on the Platform and/or register with any particular Unfinished Event, if you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to carry out your registration, in order to perform our obligations. In this case, we may have to cancel our engagement towards you.
D. DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE?
If you provide Personal Data to us about any natural person, other than yourself, such as your employees, counterparties, advisers or suppliers, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be processed and that either they have consented for you to disclose such Personal Data to us, also allowing us , and/or our outsourced service providers, to process it, or that there is another legal basis justifying such disclosure and processing.
E. HOW WE OBTAIN THE PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU?
We may collect or receive your Personal Data in a number of different ways:
· whether you provide it directly and intentionally to us, for example, by registering on our Platform;
· whether you provide it to us directly, but non-intentionally, such as the technical data we automatically collect when you use our Platform and/or social media platforms (e.g. Facebook), such as, the Internet Protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, device type, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, as well the data we infer from your reactions to the product of our services or, as the case may be, evaluation of posts and responses to feedback on our media platforms;
F. HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We verify and comply with the legal grounds for processing we rely on, in each case, in order to compliantly process your Personal Data.
We may use your Personal Data as provided below:
· in order for you to register on the Platform, at your request or based on you entering into the terms and conditions:
– for assessing your compatibility with the Unfinished Platform;
– for retaining and importing your personal data on the Unfinished Platform;
– in order to create an account for you as a member of the UNFINISHED Platform;
– in order to identify the kind of people you feel like bumping into, we will use part of the information you shared with us in our matching criteria;
– for giving you feedback on the usage of the Platform and interactions with other members;
· in order for you to be up to date with the developments in our community and be recommended like-minded individuals and content, at your request or based on your consent:
– for communication purposes: in order to keep you up to date on the latest developments, announcements, and other information about us, updates (including briefings, newsletters and other information), events and initiatives;
In this regard, we provide the option to unsubscribe or opt out of further communication on any electronic communication sent to you; alternatively, you may opt out by contacting us directly, by using the contact details set out below.
– in order to transfer your e-mail address to several social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn and/or Google) in order to find like-minded or similar individuals;
– in order to provide content display and recommendations based on your Personal Data.
· facilitating the use of our Platform and social media platforms and to ensure that the content of our Platform and social platforms is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
· exercising or defending our legal rights or to comply with court orders, if the case.
· protecting the security of our communications and other systems and to prevent and detect security threats, frauds or other criminal or malicious activities;
For further processing purposes that are compatible and linked with the purposes mentioned above, for which the Personal Data have been collected, including, without being limited to, facilitating, if applicable, the registration process to particular activities organized on our Platform by receiving a preferential application form.
If you have provided your consent to the processing and transfer of your Personal Data, you have the right to fully or partly withdraw your consent, free of charge and at any point in time. To withdraw your consent, please use the contact details provided at point M below. While exercising this right, please also take into account that withdrawal of consent will not affect the processing of personal data before such withdrawal.
We will not use your Personal Data for taking any automated decisions affecting you or for creating profiles.
G. SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
As a rule, we shall not disclose your Personal Data to third parties. However, once you apply for the creation of an account on our Platform, you acknowledge that your name and surname shall be visible by default to the other members of our Platform, as a condition for the use of the Platform. You may consent to make other data, such as age or profession, visible on our Platform.
Furthermore, we may transmit your Personal Data to third parties, including social media platforms, for the above-mentioned purposes, or to certain service providers we may have subcontracted, in order to perform our activity, such as IT services providers, strictly to the extent that such action is necessary.
Please note that this list is non-exhaustive and, considering specific circumstances, there may be other examples where we need to share your Personal Data with third parties, in order to provide the services and/or, as the case may be, exercise our legitimate rights.
We may also disclose your Personal Data to comply with our regulatory requirements and/or any other applicable legal provisions in force from time to time, or in the course of dialogue with regulators, as applicable, which may include disclosing your Personal Data to government and/or regulatory or law enforcement agencies, in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations by such entities anywhere in the world, if or where compelled to do so. Where permitted, or unless doing so would prejudice the prevention or detection of a crime, we will direct any such request to you or notify you before responding.
H. WHICH COUNTRIES DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO?
As a rule, we will not transfer any of your Personal Data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
I. THE RETENTION PERIOD OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data shall be retained for as long as it is either legally required, if the case is such, or needed for the purposes described in Point F above as provided below, as well as for archiving purposes.
Your Personal Data shall be retained by EIDOS throughout your use of our Platform and for any additional period required in accordance with the applicable law. However, the retention period of your Personal Data shall not exceed the necessary duration to accomplish the purposes for which this data has been collected and/or to observe any legal obligations hereof.
Your Personal Data retained for communication purposes – in order to keep you up to date on the latest developments, announcements, and other information about us, updates, including briefings, newsletters and other events and initiatives—shall be retained by us for a period of 10 years.
J. OUR PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are highly committed to observing data privacy and, thus, we have implemented a range of commercially reasonable physical, technical and procedural measures to help protect Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction, such as:
· limiting the number of recipients/users from our community who have access to Personal Data and correlating access rights with the actual and justified need of each recipient/user;
· concluding agreements with our collaborators, suppliers and service providers, providing confidentiality and personal data protection obligations for ensuring the protection of your Personal Data;
· adopting, at our community level, specific rules on copying and disseminating documents, to prevent any unauthorized access to Personal Data and the disclosure thereof;
· creating back-ups of the stored Personal Data;
· introducing specific access rights in order to prevent any unauthorized individuals to access Personal Data, areas where Personal Data are being stored and/or equipment on which Personal Data are stored/located.
Furthermore, our collaborators, as well as any third-party service providers we may engage that process Personal Data on our behalf (for the purposes listed above) are also contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Data.
K. THE RIGHTS THAT YOU HAVE IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In your capacity as data subject, the GDPR grants you the following rights:
· right of access—allowing you to obtain confirmation that your Personal Data is being processed by us and, if affirmative, the relevant details of such processing activities;
· the right to rectification—allowing you to rectify your Personal Data, if inaccurate;
· right to data portability—allowing you to receive the Personal Data concerning you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit such data to another data controller (provided that such data have been provided to us or stored by us in such a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and portable format).
You may exercise your aforementioned rights and find out more about such rights by filing with us, as data controller, a written request, using the contact details provided at Point M below.
You also have the right, whether dissatisfied with our use of your Personal Data or with our response related to your claims on exercising your right rights, to lodge a complaining with the Romanian Supervisory Authority (010336, 28–30 G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru Blvd. District 1 Bucharest, Romania/E-mail: email@example.com/Telephone number: +40 318059211 and +40318059212/webpage:
L. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
In general, cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website.
Please be informed that our Platform use necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Platform and use features, such as accessing secure areas of the Platform. Without these cookies, services such as enabling appropriate content based on your type of device cannot be provided.
You can decide on the acceptance of other types of cookies on a case-by-case basis or generally accept cookies.
Our Platform also use preferences, statistics and marketing cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.
M. CONTACT US
N. HOW WE MAY UPDATE THIS PRIVACY NOTICE